Tokyo Child Guidance Office
Change of some Counseling Service Counters
A child guidance office accepts any type of consultation relevant to a child aged under 18, and it of the charge is decided by the address. With Setagaya-ku and Edogawa-ku opening child guidance offices, some counseling service counters of the Tokyo Child Guidance Offices are changed from April 1, 2020.
・Setagaya-ku Child Guidance Office
ADDRESS: 6-41-7 Matsubara, Setagaya-ku (世田谷区松原6-41-7)
TEL: 03-6379-0697 (Open on April 1)
・Edogawa-ku Child Guidance Office
ADDRESS: 3-4-18 Chuo, Edogawa-ku (江戸川区中央3-4-18)
TEL: 03-5678-1810 (Open on April 1)
・Tama Chilg Guidance Office
ADDRESS: 2-6 Suwa, Tama-city (多摩市諏訪2-6)
About the Child Guidance Office
Founded on the basis of the Child Welfare Law, a child guidance office accepts any type of consultation relevant to a child aged under 18, from anyone including the child, family, school teachers and local residents.
A child guidance office is a specialized counseling institution designed to search for solutions and solve problems with the hope of supporting children's sound growth.
We handle the following types of consultation cases.
The Child Guidance Offices offer counseling on all matters related to the growth of children and youth, ages 0-18, including:
- Questions concerning child raising
- Dealing with stress which may cause you to act violently toward your child
- Inability to care for your child due to illness or other situations(Depending on your situation, child care can be provided at the center.)
- Concern about the development of your child’s speech or growth
- Your child’s recent tendency to stay out all night or to resort to violence at home
- Concern for your child not being able to make friends
- Concern for your child not willing to attend school
- Problems with your child’s education or guidance in higher education
- Child's human rights are at stake due to child abuse or other reasons
Specialized staff members are stationed at each center.
Specialized staff members such as a child welfare officer, child psychotherapist and medical doctor are in charge of counseling and other services.
How to receive a consultation
- Opening hours :Monday through Friday; 9：00 a.m.-5：00 p.m.
- We guarantee confidentiality of personal information.
- Counseling is free of charge.
We recommend that you make an appointment for consultation in advance.
Consultation on weekday evenings（after-consultation hours are from 17：45), Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (including New Year’s Eve and New Year day).
The National Child Consultation Hotline“189″accepts urgent consultations concerning child abuse suspicions and child-related matters.
Those among relevant organizations or those whom are already consulting our Child Consultation Offices, please contact us at our evening and closing hours emergency hotline 03-5937-2330 in case of an emergency.
Child Guidance Center
Izu and Ogasawara islands
Koto Child Guidance Office
3-6-9 Edagawa, Koto-ku
Shinagawa Child Guidance Office
3-7-21 Kita-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku
Setagaya Child Guidance Office
5-28-12 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya-ku
Suginami Child Guidance Office
4-23-6 Minami-Ogikubo, Suginami-ku
Kita Child Guidance Office
6-1-12 Oji, Kita-ku
Adachi Child Guidance Office
3-8-12 Kohoku, Adachi-ku
Hachioji Child Guidance Office
3-17-30 Daimachi, Hachioji-city
Tachikawa Child Guidance Office
3-10-19 Akebono-cho, Tachikawa-city
Kodaira Child Guidance Office
1-31-24 Hanakoganei, Kodaira-city
Tama Child Guidance Office
2-6 Suwa, Tama-city
Telephone Counseling Service
We offer a hotline service which is open for everyone regardless of the residential area.
Counseling can be handled anonymously. Please feel free to call. (Counseling in Japanese only)
- TEL 03-3366-4152
- Hours Monday through Friday; 9：00 a.m.-9：00 p.m. : Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays; 9：00 a.m.-5：00 p.m.(closed December 29th-January 3rd)
- Fax-consultation service for those with auditory or speech disability: FAX 03-3366-6036 (closed December 29th-January 3rd)
Foreign Resident’s Advisory Center
Consultation concerning problems not listed above is available in other languages at Foreign Resident's Advisory Center.
- Location :No.1 Building, Tokyo Metropolitan Government,2-8-1, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-8001
- Days :Monday through Friday (except national holidays)
- Hours :9：30 a.m.-12：00 noon and 1：00 p.m.-5：00 p.m.
|English||Monday through Friday||03-5320-7744|
|Chinese||Tuesday and Friday||03-5320-7766|
このページの担当は 児童相談センター 事業課 事業担当 です。